Wednesday 12 October 2011

For the love of art

"Old Balgowan"

So when I'm not off photographing people and I'm not tucked away in my office doing my day job (which is art reproduction and fine art printing), I'm making waves as an up and coming fine art photographer.  Well I like to think so anyway...

As I mentioned in our first post, I studied photography for 3 years at the Durban Institute of Technology (formally the Natal Tech).  Here I earned myself, after much hard work, a national diploma.  While I love my day job I would ideally love to spend all day taking photographs of beautiful things and seeing beautiful places.  In a perfect world I'd have oodles of cash and just spend my life drifting from one interesting place to another (with the guy of course).  Oh how I long for a perfect world.

For anyone interested all of my work, plus many works of other fabulous photographers and artists is all available to view and purchase (hint hint) on an online gallery set up by my daytime job.  The PictureBox Online Gallery is an ingenious website where artists and photographers can sell high quality prints of their work.  The best part of the Online Gallery is that you can tailor make an art work to suit your budget and your space.  Say you fall in love with a picture but you can't afford the big framed canvas you saw on exhibit somewhere.  Go to http://gallery/picturebox.co.za and find the image you like.  From here you can opt to have it printed on any of the five fine art papers on offer and at the size best suited to your home.  Seriously, it's that simple.  I encourage everyone to go browse and see what's on offer.

"Pietermaritzburg City Hall Organ"
(this is on of the largest pipe organ in the Southern Hemisphere)
"The Purple Rose"
"Yellow Clivia"
"The Avenue"
"Orange Flower"
Thanks for reading.  Chat soon
Denise (& Rainer)
a GUY & a GIRL

No comments: